Suspension help

GrabberblueS197

forum member
Reaction score
Looking to do a few suspension uprgrades on my 2008 GT, never really done suspension stuff so honestly dont know much about. Im looking to start with my front sway bar (because I need it, bad bushings) and Ive been looking to maybe get some mid level stuff nothing to serious but definetly better than stock. Only thing I know so far is you definetly want to go with thicker diameter stuff right? Thats the basic idea right, the thicker the better? Girth > Length? Haha Anyways does anyone have any suggestions on what to buy? Looking for an affordable kit that bolts on, no welding and hopefully includes "end links" as well. Trying not to spend over 250$ cause that about the average that I have seen so far. But ive been a little confused cause everything Ive seen so far looks way different than the stock sway bar and Im afraid Ill be getting into some shit I wont be able to do myself (welding). Also, what would be a good thing to come after the sway bar(s). LCA's UPCA's? Just replaced shocks and struts be willing to look into better replacements for those as well. Thanks in advance . Just trying to learn here.

BMWM3

Always Online
Reaction score
contact BMR see what discounts they have available

UPR has some discounts available coming JULY 4th week

I bought sway bar front and rear with billet endlicks, UCA, LCA, UCA mount, pan hard a long time ago when they had special and spent 800.00

BMWM3

Always Online
Reaction score

GrabberblueS197

forum member
Reaction score
:thumb2: I like yours better lol. Did you install this your self or have someone do it? And any noticeable diffrenece in your ride quality? Im really not looking for a much in that department would rather have a stiffer suspension to be honest.

BMWM3

Always Online
Reaction score
:thumb2: I like yours better lol. Did you install this your self or have someone do it? And any noticeable diffrenece in your ride quality? Im really not looking for a much in that department would rather have a stiffer suspension to be honest.

driving on city street , other than harsher ride and more Noise and vibration... ...

But I think I went tooo far in doing my suspension

I have, Pan hard bar, 1 piece drive shaft, Lower control arms, upper control arms, upper control arm mount, front sway bar, rear sway bar, bmr springs, tokicko adjustable front and rear shocks, steeda heavy duty strut mounts, agent 47 tower bar, steeda bump steer kit, .....I think all this is too much for street use.. especially if your city streets are fucked up. When the streets are nice smooth .. the ride is comfortable. But when i was stock i didn't notice every damn bump in the road.

crownaviation

http://www.tudyno.com/
Reaction score
Well not sure about "dragon pussy"... I splurged a little in that department lol.

If you want a solid and cheap suspension solution check the forums for the gt500 setup. Greenleaf used to sell the GT500 takeoff stuff on flebay but not sure what is left.

I found a local guy with like 1000 miles that sold me his takeoff mounts, dampers (shocks/struts) and both swaybars for like $250 (cant remember now but maybe less) and included the springs. You should not use the GT500 springs but the steeda ultralite work well with this setup and they are fairly inexpensive. The improvements will blow you away (unless maybe you are an extensive autocross guy). Lowered the car like 1.5-2". I think I had less than $500 in the whole deal.

Spring compressors can be "rented" and returned for your money back at the major parts places like O'reillys. Other than that pretty simple if you have a jack/jack stands. Some air tools are nice but not required. A guy with little ability could do this easily in an afternoon.

Like anything else, you can build from there

Last edited:

GrabberblueS197

forum member
Reaction score
driving on city street , other than harsher ride and more Noise and vibration... ...

But I think I went tooo far in doing my suspension

I have, Pan hard bar, 1 piece drive shaft, Lower control arms, upper control arms, upper control arm mount, front sway bar, rear sway bar, bmr springs, tokicko adjustable front and rear shocks, steeda heavy duty strut mounts, agent 47 tower bar, steeda bump steer kit, .....I think all this is too much for street use.. especially if your city streets are fucked up. When the streets are nice smooth .. the ride is comfortable. But when i was stock i didn't notice every damn bump in the road.

Yea, much further than Im willing to go. Im honestly just looking to replace some parts because of wear and tear and just trying to get some stuff slightly better than stock . 70k+ miles on the car and 2 years with nitrous on the stock suspension you'd think my motor would be the first thing to go but suprisingly that held up just fine. It was the suspension that didnt hold up well at all. And it seems like all the components gave out at about roughly the same time.

GrabberblueS197

forum member
Reaction score
Well not sure about "dragon pussy"... I splurged a little in that department lol.

If you want a solid and cheap suspension solution check the forums for the gt500 setup. Greenleaf used to sell the GT500 takeoff stuff on flebay but not sure what is left.

I found a local guy with like 1000 miles that sold me his takeoff mounts, dampers (shocks/struts) and both swaybars for like $250 (cant remember now but maybe less) and included the springs. You should not use the GT500 springs but the steeda ultralite work well with this setup and they are fairly inexpensive. The improvements will blow you away (unless maybe you are an extensive autocross guy). Lowered the car like 1.5-2". I think I had less than $500 in the whole deal.

Spring compressors can be "rented" and returned for your money back at the major parts places like O'reillys. Other than that pretty simple if you have a jack/jack stands. Some air tools are nice but not required. A guy with little ability could do this easily in an afternoon.

Like anything else, you can build from there

Well I get all that, most everything Ive done to my car Ive done myself the only thing is Im not too fimiliar with all the suspension stuff. I just changed my struts and shocks myself and have removed the sway bar as well. Im just wondering what a good direct fit kit would be good for my car and where I would go form there. Like if I do decide to replace shocks and struts again for ride height Id have to go with lower springs as well right. And then from there what comes next? LCA's UPCA's or RCA"S? lol
Just wish there was a beginners manual on this whole suspension thing Haha! Ive been building cars from top to bottom just to watch them fall face first. Trying to work the other direction now If you know what I mean.

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Looking to do a few suspension uprgrades on my 2008 GT, never really done suspension stuff so honestly dont know much about. Im looking to start with my front sway bar (because I need it, bad bushings) and Ive been looking to maybe get some mid level stuff nothing to serious but definetly better than stock. Only thing I know so far is you definetly want to go with thicker diameter stuff right? Thats the basic idea right, the thicker the better? Girth > Length? Haha Anyways does anyone have any suggestions on what to buy? Looking for an affordable kit that bolts on, no welding and hopefully includes "end links" as well. Trying not to spend over 250$ cause that about the average that I have seen so far. But ive been a little confused cause everything Ive seen so far looks way different than the stock sway bar and Im afraid Ill be getting into some shit I wont be able to do myself (welding). Also, what would be a good thing to come after the sway bar(s). LCA's UPCA's? Just replaced shocks and struts be willing to look into better replacements for those as well. Thanks in advance . Just trying to learn here.

The Eibach swaybars work really well, but it looks like they're a little more than you wanted to spend:
http://www.uprproducts.com/eibach-mustang-anti-roll-sway-bar-kit-05.html

Regarding your followup question (what comes after swaybars?) it sounds like you're headed the same direction I took with my 2006 GT. I installed the full UPR S197 Handling Package which is in development now and will be offered to the public very soon, although individual parts are available now. Basically, it consists of:

UPR/Eibach lowering springs
Koni struts/shocks
GT500 strut mounts
Eibach Swaybars
UPR swaybar endlinks
UPR LCAs, UCA, and mount
UPR adjustable PHB & brace
UPR tubular k-member

I believe that's it. Anyway, the handling is unbelievable. This setup has been on my car for a couple weeks now and I'm still blown away by how much grip there is. For the money, I haven't seen a more effective kit for primarily street driven Mustangs.

Since you already upgraded your dampeners and you're looking at swaybars, I'd probably follow the swaybars with control arms.

GrabberblueS197

forum member
Reaction score
The Eibach swaybars work really well, but it looks like they're a little more than you wanted to spend:
http://www.uprproducts.com/eibach-mustang-anti-roll-sway-bar-kit-05.html

Regarding your followup question (what comes after swaybars?) it sounds like you're headed the same direction I took with my 2006 GT. I installed the full UPR S197 Handling Package which is in development now and will be offered to the public very soon, although individual parts are available now. Basically, it consists of:

UPR/Eibach lowering springs
Koni struts/shocks
GT500 strut mounts
Eibach Swaybars
UPR swaybar endlinks
UPR LCAs, UCA, and mount
UPR adjustable PHB & brace
UPR tubular k-member

I believe that's it. Anyway, the handling is unbelievable. This setup has been on my car for a couple weeks now and I'm still blown away by how much grip there is. For the money, I haven't seen a more effective kit for primarily street driven Mustangs.

Since you already upgraded your dampeners and you're looking at swaybars, I'd probably follow the swaybars with control arms.

Upper or lower? You know what would really help, a list of what you did in the order you did it lol. Like I mentioned before never been a suspension guy but Ive gotten in a few cars now with decent suspensions and I really love the feeling, horsepower is nice but theres nothing like being able to handle some nice corners without having to be afraid of loosing the rear end. I always wondered why people built their cars in that manner but it seems like they were doing it right and I was going about it the wrong way because running my car on nitrous really put a hurting on my suspension components instead of my motor like everyone said it would. Everything else held up fine but my suspension.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back