Think this is what killed my motor?

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
God damn it why don’t pictures work for me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

EBABlacknChrome

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
God damn it why don’t pictures work for me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I can only see some photos using tapatalk. You have to use the S197 site to see all of them minus the PB ones

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Marble

forum member
Reaction score
Started ripping all the extra stuff off today and discovered what appears to be anti freeze coming from driver side header leaking into floor. Just a tiny bit.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry, I was originally quoting eighty but failed to do it correctly. Is edited now but yes, all the broken parts of a blown engine can (and usually will) enter a supercharger thru the bypass.

Wow, I didn't think the bypass was a straight enough and large enough port for that to happen.

lito

forum member
Reaction score
Wow, I didn't think the bypass was a straight enough and large enough port for that to happen.
It has good vacuum, is on vacuum the whole time it's spinning, you have a big 1.5"+ that can suck a lot of stuff and throw it inside the rotors. If debris makes its way back to the manifold and usually always is on a catastrophic failure, it quite probably will be sucked by the bypass.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01GD using Tapatalk

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
why does lito know so much about blowing up engines and superchargers :thinking:

Heaten m90

forum member
Reaction score
I do not think this is related to your failure, as anything that could’ve passed through your charge air cooler, would not have been capable of taking out your engine via entering the combustion chamber. It’s good to see your still allowing crankcase vapor to lubercate your screws. This is important when operating the supercharged outside of its Efficiency map.

Marble

forum member
Reaction score
I do not think this is related to your failure, as anything that could’ve passed through your charge air cooler, would not have been capable of taking out your engine via entering the combustion chamber. It’s good to see your still allowing crankcase vapor to lubercate your screws. This is important when operating the supercharged outside of its Efficiency map.
I do not have a catch can on the lines anymore. I used to. But it would not even get a teaspoon of oil in a year. I ended up breaking it somehow and never replaced it.

I should finish stripping the intake manifold, wire harness and other crap in the way this weekend. I'll look down in the heads to see what the valves look like.

I'm more curious about the tiny anti freeze leak.

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
I've torn down race engines that have passed debris from cylinder to cylinder, if it was hardy enough to mark the blower lobes and survive it absolutely could have entered the cylinder.

Marble

forum member
Reaction score
So all I need to do now is unbolt the converter from the flex plate. Remove hood and probably roll the car it a little bit for some more wishing room.

Having the scatter shield covering the top two bolts really sucked but I figured it out.

The valves on the intake side look spotless. Like brand new. No carbon or oil build up. Passenger side intake valves, in the rear most cylinder, have what looks like a small piece of metal either sitting on the valves or it's stuck on there right where it seals. I tried to pick it out with a magnet wand but no luck.

One valve on the passenger side has a small amount of oil on the stem.

The injector on the driver side, rear most cylinder leaks and there is standing fuel sitting in top of the valves. Kind of expected I guess since it's been sitting a year. Im going to send out the injectors for a cleansing while the motor is getting repaired.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back