aftermarket radiators, who runs them, thoughts?

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I am currently running the stock radiator with all of the stock mounting points.

What radiators are you guys using --- what brand and are you happy with it? I need one with alot more capacity to keep things cooler, longer. I know they have direct fit radiators for the 05+, and would like to stick with that so I can drop it right in.

Rasmus

forum member
Reaction score
I know Mishimoto is a good replacement. Can't go wrong with Fluidyne either, but it's about twice the price of the former. For what it's worth, and if I remember correctly, Ford Racing chose the Fluidyne for the FR500 cars.

I went with a cheap fleabay find. It had the same core size as the Mish,it came with shroud and fans, and was cheap enough to toss aside if need be.

Tre06GTP1SC

South Texas Death Ride
Reaction score
I am using a Mishimoto radiator I got off ebay. Very nice and fit right in with zero modifications.

Mustang30212

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have a stock GT500 radiator...it's ALOT bigger than the stock one. I"m not going to use it....the overflow setup is different on the GT's thant the 500's. I could make it work I'm sure...just dont' want to mess with it.

RH

SherrodMustang

forum member
Reaction score
I have a fluidyne radiator in my mustang from Brenspeed. Fit perfect with zero modification and is twice the size as the stock one in width.

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have an AFCO that I recently installed and I am very happy with it. It has all the stock mounting points and I haven't had any temp problems, even in traffic on a 100* day, since the install.

Earl

Mustang30212

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I just ordered an AFCO radiator...was supposed to have it delivered today but it never came...

Dang....so that's who was supposed to get it? It had my address on the box!!

J/K....I hate it when parts are scheduled to arrive. I'm like a kid on Christmas morning waiting to hear the drone of the Big Brown Truck coming up the hill.

RH

08SC0020

forum member
Reaction score

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Fluidyne here. Got it dirt cheap brand new. Thing is HUGE, easily a bit bigger tha nthe afco unit my buddy has. uses al lthe stock mounting points and hoses.

toorbeenee

turbine lunatic
Reaction score
Went with New 3 Row Fluidyne Rad (FHP030-05MU) .
Direct fit and no headaches.....

+1, they new fluidyne are amazing, even with all the turbo piping in the front the cooling is much better now,,,,all the best:beer:

zxmarekxz

Reaction score
anyone know what the difference is between the 14 and 12" mishimoto fans? other than slightly more cfm? would i still get two of each, fitment ok?
thanks

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
anyone know what the difference is between the 14 and 12" mishimoto fans? other than slightly more cfm? would i still get two of each, fitment ok?
thanks

2 inches. lol you would have to measure i dont think 2 14's would fit as 2 12s is pretty tight.

8306gt

forum member
Reaction score
What is your goal for the new radiator? If you are hoping to do something besides running it at the track you can pretty much forget it with any radiator designed to cool a 281 cubic inch engine. From my experience with the big block that is in my Fox body car, I had to go with radiator that is 31"x17(I think)x4 inches thick (2 core) and I am using Flex-A-Lite dual fan setup that the shroud completely covers the radiator and has a variable speed controller for the fans. My engine is only about 500 cubic inches and I tried several different radiators and fan setups with this being the best for driving around town and the 80 mile or so drive to the track.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
No, this is a track only car. I do want a direct fit radiator though. I just want the temp to stay in the 150-180 range longer then it does now. I have the stock radiator now and it works fine as long as the car doesn't run too long before pulling into the burnout box. But even if the car is at 180 when I stage, by the time I park the car back at the pits its 210. I would rather it be able to stay at 180 to reduce cool down times and make it easier on the motor.

Add the fact the car actually likes it better when I stage at 160 degrees.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back