Best 3V Supercharger on stock internals?

mrt2you

forum member
Reaction score
I make 650 rwhp with 19lbs boost.
the car had the gt500 fuel mods, FRPP ported heads with Detroit rocker cams, IW 10% 8 rib overdrive dampener and American racing long tubes on it when I bought it.
the person I bought it from was slowly buying parts to do a DOB build and then crashed it. instead of fixing it they decided to buy a coyote mustang and sold the bullitt mustang to me for the insurance buy back price.
the coolant tanks, 2013 gt500 intercooler pump and the afco triple pass heat exchanger I got from someone de-moding their car before they traded it in.

and I forgot to add in my earlier post. I had to buy idler pulleys, the larger alternator pulley and supercharger belt. it cost me less than 3K of real money + lots of labor for the supercharger kit

Last edited:

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
I make 650 rwhp with 19lbs boost.
the car had the gt500 fuel mods, FRPP ported heads with Detroit rocker cams, IW 10% 8 rib overdrive dampener and American racing long tubes on it when I bought it.
the person I bought it from was slowly buying parts to do a DOB build and then crashed it. instead of fixing it they decided to buy a coyote mustang and sold the bullitt mustang to me for the insurance buy back price.
the coolant tanks, 2013 gt500 intercooler pump and the afco triple pass heat exchanger I got from someone de-moding their car before they traded it in.

and I forgot to add in my earlier post. I had to buy idler pulleys, and the larger alternator pulley also.
That's good power, real good.:clap:

Looks good in there too.

chandlern

forum member
Reaction score
Have had zero issues with my 2.3 Whipple! Made 480/470 in mid summer 2011 and has run great ever since. Bought it with the Whipple on it, if I had to buy it myself I would go DOB or Whipple.

mrt2you

forum member
Reaction score
That's good power, real good.:clap:

Looks good in there too.

thanks.
it's not bad for a .020 over 4.6 motor with the wrong cams in it.
it's also on pump 93 octane reformulated gas. according to my friend who tuned it. it's a conservative tune without much timing.
he wants to add some race gas and add more timing to see what it could really do at the track. the cars best time so far with this tune at union grove raceway with a really experienced driver, not me, is 9.98 @ 134 mph.
the only problem is the 9.98 run hurt the 3650 trans. I have a tr6060 to install now, just don't have the time or $$$ to finish the job.
I have been busy getting my 72 road runner with a 572 ci hemi in it back on the road and for sale after a 6 year hibernation.

1sloGT

forum member
Reaction score
I've run my Paxton Novi 2200 for about a year now and I'm always saying... I wish I'd of gotten a procharger! Those belt swaps and ninja spacers are a joke!

hockeygod

forum member
Reaction score
I've run my Paxton Novi 2200 for about a year now and I'm always saying... I wish I'd of gotten a procharger! Those belt swaps and ninja spacers are a joke!
I definiatley am happier I went with the Paxton. Hit 792rwhp on the dynojet and 662 on the mustang dyno it was tuned on with 93 pump gas. I could probably go further if I converted to a return fuel system and upgraded to 8 rib pulleys.

hockeygod

forum member
Reaction score
I definiatley am happier I went with the Paxton. Hit 792rwhp on the dynojet and 662 on the mustang dyno it was tuned on with 93 pump gas. I could probably go further if I converted to a return fuel system and upgraded to 8 rib pulleys.

Sorry typo there 742 not 792

DiMora

More Is Better
Reaction score
I run a Roush TVS R2300. I have also installed a DOB kit with a friend on his car.

They are both nice setups. The Roush is plug-and-play...no scrounging for parts, great instructions, etc.

The DOB was when they first came out, so no instructions really, but we figured it out between looking at the parts and reading threads on the web, as well as a bunch of calls to Jason. A LOT of parts scrounging to piece it all together. It howled like a banshee...DOB thought it was our install or vacuum routing, but they figured it out and a later mod to their design fixed the howling.

Either is fine...I love that giant intercooler on the DOB.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back