Got mine. FRPP Intake and Throttle Body!

Cali HP Addict

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks Dyno Joe and GI Joe for the intake and throttle body.

First off, the intake and throttle body are awesome. I did spend about 2 hours with my hobby files de flashing the casting burr from the head side of the ports. Particularly around the injectors. I can't stand putting a $600+ manifold on with port inconsistencies due to cast flashing. Once done, manifold is perfect.

I swapped my stock intake w/delete plates and a BBK Throttle body.

Amazingly, the car fired, idled and ran NOTICEABLY BETTER THAN IT DID BEFORE THE SWAP. I mean, alot better! My idle is set at 750. which seemed fine before. It is still at 750 but there are more cylinders steadily firing so it sounds like it is revving higher. I am going to try and kick it down to 620-650rpm and see what it idles like.

Air Fuel Stabilized? My wideband used to walk from 14.7-15.1ish, just would slowly move back and forth during idle. Now, rock solid 14.7. It just stays planted. I think the balance is not that great with the stock manifold and therefore the computer keeps fluctuating a bit. This manifold balanced the air flow out even at idle.

Now the unexpected happiness!
The weirdest change with this manifold is that I have NO MORE TICK TICK TICK!!! My theory of most of the 3v ticking coming through the intake track is true in my case. New manifold, no more tick! The car sounds like a sewing machine now.

I have not driven out of the driveway but will today. First impressions are great. No more Roush strut tower brace though. My buddy is going to test fit his FRPP brace but I doubt there will be room.
IMGP3161.jpg

IMGP3160.jpg

IMGP3163.jpg

IMGP3164.jpg

1fast05

I wanna go fast
Reaction score
Nice! I couldn't wait for those to come in (You know the feeling of money burning a hole in your pocket) So I ended up with the C&L which I'm very happy with, Can't wait to see how they both do, had your car been dynoed before they install?

Cali HP Addict

forum member
Reaction score
No dyno. Last and only dyno with this motor was with stock exhaust manifolds, stock cats, C&L Street CAI on 91 oct and it made 366/370.

I had a nice power bump (SOTP) when I added JBA shorties, Magnaflow metallic high flow catted X pipe, C&L Racer CAI and BBK Throttle body.
By my butt-O-meter I was sitting pretty close to 400/400 at this point.

Now?? Anybodys guess. I am damn sure that I topped 400/400 at the rears on 91oct pump gas. Not too chabby!

Pump specs:
9.5ish-1c.r. 324" Boss50
Full worked JDM heads
FRPP Intake
FRPP Throttle Body
C&L Racer CAI
Comp 127300 cams (full VCT in tact)
39# injectors
JBA shorties
Metallic cats

At one point this car made 500/500 with a Saleen blower and different motor. It is much more fun to drive now and the throttle response and low end torque are far superior to the blower motor which made more power.

Last edited:

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I don't think you are at 400/400 with your mods...esp with a low compression motor..why not put it on the dyno to see?

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
No dyno. Last and only dyno with this motor was with stock exhaust manifolds, stock cats, C&L Street CAI on 91 oct and it made 366/370.

What else was on it other than the CAI, and Tune to make it 366hp on that dyno?

Cali HP Addict

forum member
Reaction score
Stroked Big Bore 324"
Stg 3 heads w/ oversized valves, Nextek springs, ti ret
Comp 127300 cams
IMRC deletes
stick car

Jeepngli

Anti-LS1
Reaction score
wow. Looks like it should have came that way from Ford. nice man.

Cali HP Addict

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks bro! The intake comes with a new fuel rail crossover hose. Once you put it on, the rails won't come back off of the manifold without cutting the hose again. It also comes with all SS allen head hardware. Here is a pic of the crossover hose installed:
IMGP3142-1.jpg

IMGP3148.jpg

dagamore

Poor Driver mod
Reaction score
does that go on top of your Control Motion plates? or does it delete them like the other 'racing' manifolds?

Cali HP Addict

forum member
Reaction score
It deletes them. Note the injector holes. This manifold does a better job of sealing the injector "O" rings as well. They sit down further and the rails hold them in tighter than with the stock manifold.

Nope to the dyno. Adam @ ST Motorsports is the only one who I will have tune it and he is 8 hours away. He has built tons of AF and timing changes into my X cal so I will drive, log and adjust as need be. My car is a street car and I do not race.

Car made 366/370 on a 100* day.

I have swapped my stock exhaust (with clogged cats BTW) for JBA shorties and high flow metallic catted X pipe.
I have swapped my C&L Street for a C&L Racer
I have added a FRPP Intake and Throttle Body

I am pretty sure that I picked up 34hp/30tq with my changes. If you don't believe me, that is OK by me.

Nope to what?

What is your opposition to the dyno? I understand if you don't want numbers but at least it would ensure your timing and a/f are dialed in.

Any track numbers?

Last edited by a moderator:

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Whatever man...I was not trying to be a jerk but that is how you must be so...

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Claiming hp numbers with out a dyno is pretty gay, and doesnt help anyone judge the gains of these mods so dont say your making numbers when you dont know. We need before after info on this intake not how u feel about it and like how it looks there are plenty of those threads already.

Cali HP Addict

forum member
Reaction score
Sorry to have waisted your time. :beer:
Now, if you would like to see some pics and information on the new production FRPP intake manifold without any dyno #'s, please check my thread. If not, please stay out. Thank you.

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
Sorry to have waisted your time. :beer:
Now, if you would like to see some pics and information on the new production FRPP intake manifold without any dyno #'s, please check my thread. If not, please stay out. Thank you.

I don't think anyone would of rode you if you hadn't started claiming numbers without any proof. That's all. :beer:

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
Claiming hp numbers with out a dyno is pretty gay, and doesnt help anyone judge the gains of these mods so dont say your making numbers when you dont know. We need before after info on this intake not how u feel about it and like how it looks there are plenty of those threads already.

Then look for it somewhere else. He doesn't want to drive eight hours each way just to show YOU a set of numbers. Nothing wrong with that. If you want the numbers so goddamned bad then go buy the intake and do the tests yourself. Get off his ass.

Damn dyno queens.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back