Play time is over you M'Fers.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Soon. I will be interested as well vs what a typical C460 head can do. The flow numbers look good, will have to see if that translates to the dyno.

There are some new billet heads out, but way out of my price range---but they are capable of 1500+ n/a horsepower from a 632 :crazy:

BlackBullitt1390

forum member
Reaction score
Mine will be force fed with a 6-71. I won't need the flow numbers you need on your N/A. If your numbers are good like they sound, I might just go injected and leave it at that!

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have a bunch, just got lazy.

I will do some posts here pretty soon. I dodged a bullet this weekend, as the first race of the PSCA season was supposed to be this weekend at CA Speedway in Fontana. They postponed it last Wednesday due to the weather forecast, and it has been raining for the most part today.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
He's fine. Just less interested let's say.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ok so I have been distracted by a lot of things lately -- buying new house, got into road biking (in addition to mountain biking which I have always done), extra busy with work, etc, etc.

But its finally starting to come together.

First--Camshaft will be the following:

288 degrees duration @.50 intake, 306 degrees duration @.050 exhaust.
.945 lift intake / .925 lift exhaust

Roller Lifters will be the .945 diameter, bushed with a keyway vs the usual pair of roller lifters that are connected via bar to prevent rotation in the lifter bore. This is so I can run 7/16ths pushrods, .160 wall, while maintaining clearance around the intake ports of the heads.

Valve springs--serious pieces with 400lbs on the seat and over 1,100 lbs open. No way I am getting any valve float to the expected rpm peak of 8200 rpm. Already titanium retainers and valves, but even the titanium retainers have that groove to reduce weight. Serious pieces:

noname-25.jpeg~original

Oliver rods with 7/16 rod bolts, f'n huge, for it to be bullet proof.

noname-24%20copy.jpeg~original

Diamond pistons with deck height to allow for 16+ to 1 compression.

noname-24.jpeg~original

Should be ready soon, hopefully on the dyno in July.

QuickShift281

forum member
Reaction score
Some serious research in this combo. Looks amazing. Cant wait to see the rest of the build and see what the final product does. Great work Paul!

05moneypit

forum member
Reaction score
Where are your chassis build pictures? Specifically the 4 link . I searched.....damn phone.....lol. Looks good Paul!!!

Never mind, I found them. Ladder bars, thought you went 4 link.

Last edited:

Bud

forum member
Reaction score
How goes the build? Just booked my flight for SCSN, after wanting to go for so many years it is actually going to happen this time. Would be cool to see the car out there.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Motor is hitting the dyno on August 19th. Hoping for anything above 1200 on motor only. We will see.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
First--Camshaft will be the following:

288 degrees duration @.50 intake, 306 degrees duration @.050 exhaust. .945 lift intake / .925 lift exhaust

When I read this what stood out to me was 288 duration and 306 duration at 0.050". Which means the lifters move a few degrees longer than that. Ok, so here's what I thought of immediately. Cams only have 360 degrees total and out of that you are open 288 and 306 of those available degrees. Flip those numbers and the cam is only closed for like 72ish and 54ish degrees! damn.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back