Tire debate & 3V power limits - thread clipped

JJ427R

Reaction score
Forgot to say I never said anywhere that smaller tires were better or faster, and I agree that larger is better, in the right situation. You keep comparing your track built race cars to performance street cars and HPDE day cars. In my case my street car driven to the track will not go with slicks on it, and that is pretty much what Kenny explains as well. The OP of this thread was looking for a performance "street and strip" tire.

Did you try a Matrix Brace yet? Also if you believe it does nothing, show me some data to prove to us that have them wrong. All you say is they are added weight with no benefit, but you have yet to show me anything to prove it. My claim is my opinion on what it did for me and I'll stick to that, just as you will with yours, difference being I don't call you names for it.

The one thing I have not done that you have in the past on these threads, is lie to cover my ass. I speak nothing but the truth on here. You tried lying and bringing up my disability against me in another thread on this forum, as well as on facebook, with false statements that were untrue.

Now again you just came on this thread and did some more name calling, and that tells just what type of person you are, and as I said before, to me liars are the lowest form of scum on earth, and if you lie on here, you'll lie to your customers as well. So go ahead and keep on throwing out those comments, ain't hurting anyone but yourself.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
That would be patience... ;)
Either way, he was all over the place. Maybe that's the format for his series, but I found it hard to follow when it felt like every sub-topic was left hanging.

I'm told that fb is like that in general, being more "sound bites" in nature and quickly moving on to the next thing.

Norm

JJ427R

Reaction score
Either way, he was all over the place. Maybe that's the format for his series, but I found it hard to follow when it felt like every sub-topic was left hanging.

Not everyone is good on camera, I agree he did a lot of nervous stumbling, but he still gave some good info. Go to his facebook page and look at the comments/questions from people who were watching it live. That is also why he is starting the Kenny Brown Speed Society, so they can get more in depth on the topics. When you only have half an hour on a subject and many questions I can see where he'd get a bit nervous. he's just getting started doing these live sessions, give him some time to get used to it, I'm betting it will get better.

He is live at 11:00 am CST every Saturday if you want to tune in.

Vorshlag-Fair

Official Site Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Sorry if your feelings got hurt. Every builder/racer has their own ideas on how to build car. Kenny has his, you have yours. I'm only posting information I see as useful in the conversation. The OP and others can take it as he/they wish.
No, you are actively spreading falsehoods from your hero KB, sharing your own bad anecdotal data, and generally not making people more knowledgeable with your posts. You are, in general, bringing the general knowledge level of this forum down, not up. I don't think you do so maliciously, just through sheer ignorance and your wish to spread it and make a name for yourself here. I am going to keep countering your bad advice at every opportunity.

As I have pointed out with JJ's posts before - I hope people can look up his lap times and realize that his opinions on any performance related issue have virtually no merit. Just like Kenny Brown himself (who doesn't drive - his son did, and he was a skilled wheel man.) We, as a group, should not be listening to the slowest people on track for their track related setup advice - like this thread: tires. JJ runs some of the hardest, narrowest, slowest tires I've ever seen used on track. It contributes to but is not the direct cause of his extremely slow lap times. When you are TEN SECONDS A LAP SLOWER than Spec Miata in a 600+ hp Mustang, your opinion on track issues is meaningless.

i-9g5WwHL-M.jpg

I made this meme to use whenever people like JJ post their opinions - it was his stubborn insistence that HIS slow lap times were NOT in fact slow, that made me create it. He keeps pushing his bad advice here and his wife was parroting it on facebook groups for months, sometimes IN ALL CAPS. He uses some of the worst tires, in a supercharged track car that won't work if he actually drove it fast, and he has made some incredibly wacky claims based off his very shaky data - such as a KB bolt on chassis brace that helped him "drop 2 seconds per lap". When people asked them to back up their crazy claims they tried to flip it around and insist that the DOUBTERS should bear the burden of actual track testing of that KB trinket. That's just not how the world works, of course.

These series of mysterious online performance claims, then digging in his heels in response to counter arguments, then his wildly inappropriate responses including actual threats of violence against people who did so (one time he responded to me with "I'll knock your goddamn teeth out!") make him a bad player on this forum. I wish the moderators here could see this (JJ and his wife were kicked off numerous facebook groups) and do something about it. These outbursts have made JJ famous among some Mustang circles and the "2 seconds per lap" claim is a running joke used when talking about bolt-on doo-dads that don't help lap times on cars.

i-SxCxsrK-L.png

That meme - which I first made for JJ - became so famous that it is now a T-shirt. #LapTimesMatter is used to counter fake advice that he likes to give at any and every opportunity.

I'm only informing people on what I feel is relevant to a topic on this forum. People can do what they want with it, just as you have above showing us a bunch of pictures of cars that show us nothing at all, and spewing out negative comments about myself as well as your business competition as you have no other defense than to start calling people names. You show your true character in these forums.
You are "informing" people with bad data, once again. I hope people will ignore it, and if you keep posting over and over, I will be here to help remind people what your background is and why your opinion isn't relevant when it comes to track related questions.

I have been on this forum for many years, and have been active in competition motorsports for over 30 years. I have shared hundreds of lap time videos, shared setup data, and have set dozens of class track records - so I'm not "that guy" on track that is the head of the train at the HPDE. I'm the guy you seem to hate, who has both the results and the stones to counter your nonsense.

you better have your facts straight before you start throwing out stupid ass accusations.

This right here is what JJ does when he is losing the argument - flips it around, the classic "I'm not lying, YOU'RE lying!" as you call out his lies. Then the name calling begins. And if the past is any gauge, it will ratchet up in his subsequent replies with threats of violence. He is like a broken record...

Why is he still on this forum??

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
****this is a comment from the staff on forum moderation****
this forum has historically let members post comments with very limited moderation, you post it, you own it, it's rare that we delete threads or comments, also rare that we ban members for posts. it's been a place that has allowed nearly all commentary and has let the members battle out their views in full public view.

Please do not quote this post or comment back on it - this is not to derail the thread - if you have an issue on this topic please PM me or start a thread in the "suggestions" sub-forum.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
For OP's benefit . . . if I was going to get into street and strip racing (assuming that I'm properly reading some street racing into that), I'd be looking at more serious rear wheels than 10" myself. A min-recommended wheel width may be a good thing at the strip, but it won't be so nice under normal driving even if you can stay out of the rain.

That would call for wider than 9" up front with enough tire there to keep street handling from being hosed (9's/11's would be heading off toward Pro-Street, which really isn't all that streetable).

Norm

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
Not everyone is good on camera, I agree he did a lot of nervous stumbling, but he still gave some good info. Go to his facebook page and look at the comments/questions from people who were watching it live. That is also why he is starting the Kenny Brown Speed Society, so they can get more in depth on the topics. When you only have half an hour on a subject and many questions I can see where he'd get a bit nervous. he's just getting started doing these live sessions, give him some time to get used to it, I'm betting it will get better.
Stumbling and being ill-at-ease on camera I can deal with. But he hardly ever came out with anything in-depth enough to make me sit up and take notice. Maybe it'll get better - I hope for those concerned that it does get better, actually.

I have my own reasons for avoiding fb that have nothing to do with KB, automotive topics in general, or even the sound-bite nature of what passes for most "discussions" there.

Norm

JJ427R

Reaction score
These series of mysterious online performance claims, then digging in his heels in response to counter arguments, then his wildly inappropriate responses including actual threats of violence against people who did so (one time he responded to me with "I'll knock your goddamn teeth out!") make him a bad player on this forum. I wish the moderators here could see this (JJ and his wife were kicked off numerous facebook groups) and do something about it. These outbursts have made JJ famous among some Mustang circles and the "2 seconds per lap" claim is a running joke used when talking about bolt-on doo-dads that don't help lap times on cars.

This is where Terry Fair is lying once again. My wife and I have never been kicked off any facebook groups, I'm personally not even on facebook myself. I have a facebook account, I can go out and view pages, but I have never once posted anything on facebook. Now prove your statement above and show me where we have been kicked off "numerous facebook groups"? You can't because that statement is an all out lie. Try looking my facebook page up. Jay Germundson is my name. You can see for yourself.

Once again you are twisting the story to try to cover your ass. Yes I did say I would knock your goddam teeth out. That was when you took a post my wife made on the Track Mustangs Online facebook page about me not being able to change my tires or brakes at the track because I am in a wheelchair, and you turned it around and tried to say I was playing the "handicapped card". My wife then called you a dickhead for doing it. People can go to that facebook page and look it up and see for themselves.

So now once again prove your statements above and show me anywhere on this forum where I have lied? Once again you can't because it is another untrue statement from you.

I have no reason to lie, I'm not promoting or selling any products on here, I don't have a business nor do I have anything to gain by posting on this forum, just sharing info as others do.

You lie and call people names as you have no other defense in your claims. Once again you are showing your true character.

Racer47

Doesn't have much to say
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Just give it up. No one gives a crap about the trivial details. You're posting bad info due to being slow and constantly trying to defend your weak position. Its getting old. Street Comps suck for road racing but if you like them, fine run them.

This whole thing should have ended when stkjock told the OP to run drag radials. That's all he needed to know for the street / STRIP question that he asked. But then you have to depend your position that street comps are a great tire blah blah blah. Its all very old.

Terry know his shit. He's winning and building winning cars. He's posted more real setup info than anyone else. I've told him privately that I would never post that stuff. My car is fast but I won't even tell my real life Mustang buddies exactly what I'm running, let alone post it online. But I'm old school. I earned my knowledge the hard way, by testing on the race track. So I respect Terry's knowledge and willingness to give it away. And I back that up with buying stuff from him. I have an order coming in today or tomorrow from Vorshlag. And he's also right about lap times matter. Any part, tire, brake, etc is good enough when you're going slow. I could take my wife's stock Fusion on stock crap tires, springs, brakes, etc and run better than 3 minute laps at Elkhart even without a matrix brace.

JJ427R

Reaction score
Just give it up. No one gives a crap about the trivial details. You're posting bad info due to being slow and constantly trying to defend your weak position. Its getting old. Street Comps suck for road racing but if you like them, fine run them.

This whole thing should have ended when stkjock told the OP to run drag radials. That's all he needed to know for the street / STRIP question that he asked. But then you have to depend your position that street comps are a great tire blah blah blah. Its all very old.

Terry know his shit. He's winning and building winning cars. He's posted more real setup info than anyone else. I've told him privately that I would never post that stuff. My car is fast but I won't even tell my real life Mustang buddies exactly what I'm running, let alone post it online. But I'm old school. I earned my knowledge the hard way, by testing on the race track. So I respect Terry's knowledge and willingness to give it away. And I back that up with buying stuff from him. I have an order coming in today or tomorrow from Vorshlag. And he's also right about lap times matter. Any part, tire, brake, etc is good enough when you're going slow. I could take my wife's stock Fusion on stock crap tires, springs, brakes, etc and run better than 3 minute laps at Elkhart even without a matrix brace.
He may know his shit, I never said he didn't, but he still lies. Guess you think that is ok huh? Just give him the freedom to say whatever he wishes, doesn't matter if it's true or not.

I've never claimed to be the fastest on track, nor will I ever be. I'm fast enough to attend HPDE track days and I do pass other cars on track. I've never been kicked off track, never had any complaint from anyone about my driving on track, and actually I have had many great compliments from other drivers and Instructors I've run on track with about my ability to drive a "streetcar" one handed with hand controls on track. I'm ok'd at BIR Performance Diving School to run in the Advanced run group.
I've also made a number of good friends attending track days, and you are more that welcome to come to Road America 4th of July weekend to meet me, run with me on track. Bring your helmet and you can ride with me and critique me all you want, I welcome it. I'll be running Saturday and Sunday.
If you want to drive your own car sign up with Northwoods Shelby. http://www.nwshelbyclub.com/

Racer47

Doesn't have much to say
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You flip flop between normal guy and psycho.

Normal guy - I'm know I'm not the fastest, I'm having fun, made some friends, etc. That's great. No one is going to knock you for this.

Psycho - Sometimes you act like the worlds best test driver, ie matrix brace is good for 2 seconds, I can feel it and its up to you to prove me wrong, street comps are great, Kenny Brown is great. Terry is an ass, willing to fist fight over it, post completely ridiculous stuff on FB, say stupid stuff like this "Actually that is incorrect, you can have too much tire", etc. This why people pile on and give you crap.

JJ427R

Reaction score
So now I'm psycho, wow you guys just never give up on the name calling. I've never acted or claimed to be a test driver. I only made statements about the matrix brace as that is what I truly felt it did for me. No flip flopping at all, I've maintained the same position on it thru every thread on here it's been brought up on, and I'm not the one who brought it up here, that was Terry in his false claims above.

Kenny Brown stated in the video I posted above the info about tires sizes, I only posted what he stated and then posted the video how he explains that, but you couldn't watch it because you claimed "you don't have the patients" :D

I called Terry Fair out about his lying about me which is completely true, and I can point out every instance on this forum where he did it if I need to. The proof is in the pudding so to speak. I can also post the facebook thread if you like where he lied about me in several different ways, including where his cronie Jason deleted some dumb ass posts that he made, and Fair then tried to say my wife and I were deleting posts. Then shortly after Fair made some more dumb ass comments, and at that point the admin of that page closed the thread to any more posts as he stated this thread is going nowhere.

Fair is full of shit in his claims of about my wife or myself lying on both this forum and facebook, so I have called him out to prove it and show me where it happened so I'll be patiently waiting for it, but it will never happen as he can't. Same on facebook, he claimed we were deleting posts and we've been kicked off numerous threads. Being I don't even post on facebook, he now can show me where that has happened. Give me the names of the threads???

You may consider lying or false claims "trivial stuff" but I take claims against me for that very seriously.

Sorry Dave, I posted this before I saw your above post.

Racer47

Doesn't have much to say
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
supermod.jpg
Somebody needs to tell these guys that they are doing it all wrong. That's way too much tire. Just ask KB and then listen to the endless ramblings of an old man saying nothing.

JJ427R

Reaction score
^ Some more BS non relevant to the thread as you say. You really dig deep to try to deflect from the topic above huh? Just like Fair posting photos that are completely irrelevant when you get proved wrong in your statements, and then more name calling, "endless ramblings of an old man saying nothing", real classy guys you both are, just hope it makes you feel better.

Racer47

Doesn't have much to say
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You're just being a dick. I'm trying to be funny. Lighten up Francis.

Fairs picture are not irrelevant. It shows what he's done and why he knows what he knows.

And no, I don't give a shit about who said what on fb.

Vorshlag-Fair

Official Site Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
It's truly sad seeing someone spin out of control after they lose debate after debate, on forums and Facebook groups. Someone who's opinion is irrelevant due to their amazing slowness and is the king of name calling, threats of violence, bizarre statements (ie: nonfactual), and flip flopping - who then calls everyone else liars, name callers, and irrelevant. All of which is painfully easy to verify.

He won't let the Matrix Brace thing go, even now. Literally a "two seconds a lap time drop" from some bolt-on doo-dad. This ridiculous claim about that stupid brace will be his legacy, his trade mark. #TheMatrixHasYouNeo

I'm gonna tap out of this thread because there's nothing more to be done here. He's digging the hole so deep and doesn't know when to quit. Expecting some flippant response from "Mr Last Word" in 3.... 2.... 1....

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back