Play time is over you M'Fers.

travelers

Reaction score
The manifold look good. How long are the runners? I work on a 68 Hemi Cuda with stock carbs and were down to 3.5" runners and maybe going shorter and a larger plenum.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Exactly. The runners on the left manifold are way too long for the rpm range I want to turn the motor. The one on the left the runners are 6 inches long.

On the Hogan intake they are 4.5 inches long. We are probably going to make a 1 inch spacer between the top and the manifold to increase the plenum volume.

On that SS Hemi Cuda, how high were you guys spinning that motor?

travelers

Reaction score
Exactly. The runners on the left manifold are way too long for the rpm range I want to turn the motor. The one on the left the runners are 6 inches long.

On the Hogan intake they are 4.5 inches long. We are probably going to make a 1 inch spacer between the top and the manifold to increase the plenum volume.

On that SS Hemi Cuda, how high were you guys spinning that motor?

We try not to go over 9400. The spacer will definitely help the volume. We also use a 1" spacer under the crabs with transition extensions on the spacer to help direct the mixture to the runners because we are limited to where the crabs have to sit.

Last edited:

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Oh ok, thats why you are looking at 3.5" runners. I will be turning 1,000 rpm below that!

travelers

Reaction score
Oh ok, thats why you are looking at 3.5" runners. I will be turning 1,000 rpm below that!

I'm surprised its able to turn that high being it was only designed to turn 6500 for NASCAR back in the day. The wouldn't believe what we have done with the block and heads to turn that high.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well this took a while. That oil was baked on due to the mishap in Vegas. What a Pita.

StepHeader1.jpg~original

StepHeader2.jpg~original

StepHeadersafter.jpg~original

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Looks good Paul

Would it have been easier to,have them media blasted?

travelers

Reaction score
They look good, that's one of the bennys of having removable tubes. We have a guy clean them every time the car is on the lift,

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Getting my carbs back tomorrow. Throttle bores were bored out to 2.125 (stock 1150cfm carbs are 2.00), and the carbs are fully reworked.

Going to order my new dry sump pan, going with a 5 stage system that will pretty much look like below, with the exception of one more line coming from the oil pan. No more oil pressure drop in the shutdown after the run, plus the 5 stage will also pull enough vacuum so I can eliminate the vacuum pump set up.

Drysumpdiagram.jpg~original

I am going with a 5 inch flat bottom pan. This will allow me also to move the motor back some if I chose to do so (haven't made up my mind on that yet). The pan I HAD on there was this one, where the K-member and manual rack went where the pan was 5 inches deep. The front kick out for the oil pump will no longer be needed, since I will be running an external oil pump, which will allow me to reposition the engine as I see fit.

MOR-20625-1.jpg~original

Last edited:

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Got my 1250 dominator carbs back today from the carb shop. Now I can redo my fuel lines / system.

IntakeCarbsdone2.jpg~original

intakecarbdone3.jpg~original

Intakecarbsdone1.jpg~original

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back